Are you wondering how to activate your iPhone without the SIM card? Perhaps you’ve lost your SIM card, or for whatever reason, you can’t get your hands on one. Well in this article we’ll look at some of the few ways you can skip iPhone activation.
If you’re trying to unlock an iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 without a SIM card, it can be a really frustrating process. GSM models require that you have a SIM card in order to activate the phone. Annoying isn’t it? But there must be a way we can hacktivate the iPhone and set up the iPhone without SIM, right? Well there are one or two things that you can try.
#1 How to Activate iPhone without SIM Card on iTunes
- First, you need to download and install the latest version of iTunes from Apple to ensure there will be no conflicts with the OS.
- Then connect your computer to the iPhone using your provided cable. It is recommended to use an Apple-certified cable to ensure maximum connectivity.
- iTunes will detect your iPhone and walk you through a step-by-step process. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- This method will only work with some carriers or CDMA models.
- You may need to enter some of your personal details.
#2 Use iTunes to activate your iPhone with a different SIM
If your iPhone is locked to a specific network, but you have access to a different SIM card, you can follow similar steps to activate your iPhone as iTunes does not always care whether the SIM card inside the phone is active.
- Connect your iPhone using the provided cable.
- Follow the instructions to complete the activation process.
#3 Bypass activation to use your iPhone as a media device
- Hold down the power button until the display turns on. Wait for the display to read ‘no SIM card installed’.
- Then push the home button. The ability to make an emergency call should now be displayed.
- Next, simply dial a number to start making a call, but then immediately hang up the call.
- If this has worked, the home screen should now be displayed on your iPhone.
Easier Ways to Activate your iPhone without SIM
So you might be thinking that this is all sounding a little complicated, right? Well I’d have to agree with you; there are simpler ways to activate your iPhone when it says iPhone SIM required. The simplest way is to get hold of a SIM card. If you can get hold of a friend’s SIM card just to activate your phone or even try cutting an old-style SIM down to size, they’re going to be the fastest and easiest methods to quickly and safely activate your iPhone.
Sometimes, though, an iPhone might be locked to a specific carrier, which can mean you can only use specific SIM cards in your device. This can be extremely frustrating, not to mention downright inconvenient. Luckily for us, there are several websites out there that offer excellent unlocking services so that you can unlock your iPhone and then freely use your iPhone with any carrier.
If you’re looking to easily unlock your iPhone, you can use websites like this and this.
Well I hope this has helped to provide some solutions to your iPhone unlocking nightmare!