Is your PlayStation troubling you with the dns error 80710102? Are you finding it difficult to connect your PS3 console to the PlayStation Network yet you are connected to the internet?
DNS error 80710102 is a common PS3 error that occurs mainly because of internet connectivity issues.
PS3 error code 80710102 arises when you try to connect your PS3 to the internet. Do you want to know how to solve this problem?
Read on for the two easy methods for solving the PlayStation 3 error code 80710102.
Method 1 – To Fix DNS Error 80710102
This is probably the easiest method which involves disabling the universal plug-n-play on the router. You can do this by following the steps below.
- With your router connected, open a browser on your PC and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar. Usually, the default IP address on routers is 192.168.1.1.
- Type in your username and password to access the router settings. Press OK to see the console application.
- Click on the ‘Password’ tab and find UPnP settings under the router’s password settings.
- Click on the ‘Disable’ option under UPnP box, then click ‘Save’.
You now can restart your PS3, and you will find the PlayStation DNS error 80710102 has been resolved.
Method 2 – To Fix DNS Error 80710102
This approach focusses on solving DNS server problems. The main issue causing the error code is usually your Internet Service Provider’s DNS problem.
The solution to this error problem is not complicated. When configuring the PS3 network, whether it is wired or wireless, use the manual option.
If you are using DHCP, let the address resolution remain at automatic, but make sure you change the DNS server entry to ‘MANUAL’.
Then you need to replace the DNS entries with addresses from the free Open DNS project; it offers secure DNS server that you and anyone else can use.
The DNS server addresses are 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Once you have replaced them, your PS3 should have no problem logging in.
To achieve this, on your PS3 follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings > Network Settings> Internet Connection Settings > Wired Connection or Wireless.
- If you are using a wired connection then go on with these prompts;Wired Connection > Custom > Manual Settings > Auto-Detect > Automatic > Do not Set > Manual (DNS1 : 188.8.131.52 , DNS2 : 184.108.40.206) > Auto > Do not Use > Enable > X
- If you are on a wireless connection, note your SSID. It is the name of the wireless network connection you use to connect to the internet, usually set on the router.It is case sensitive, so you need to be sure of the name, if you are not sure, ask the network administrator or whoever set up your network.
- From step one, follow these prompts.XWireless > Enter Manually > (Enter the SSID or Continue) > (Choose Security or Continue) > Custom > Auto > Do not set > Manual ( DNS1 : 220.127.116.11 , DNS2 : 18.104.22.168 ) > Auto > Do not use > Enable > X > X
The PlayStation network error 80710102 will be resolved.